Train to Teach
Hazelwood Schools is the lead Enfield school for a partnership comprised of several schools that work in conjunction with Forest Independent Primary Collegiate (FIPC) to recruit and train teachers on the School Direct programme leading to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
What is School Direct?
School Direct is a school-based route into teaching. As a School Direct trainee training with our school and our ITT provider, Forest Independent Primary Collegiate (FIPC), you will learn alongside inspiring, passionate teachers with outstanding pedagogical knowledge. You will be trained to become a successful, confident and effective teacher, and will be equipped to teach in a dynamic and vibrant primary school. You will undertake ‘on the job’ teacher training, allowing you to gain the qualifications and practical skills required to become a teacher.
What we are looking for?
We are always looking to recruit high calibre candidates who have the values, qualities and attributes needed to become outstanding teachers, with the drive and motivation to succeed.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are passionate about making a difference to the lives and development of their pupils
- Have a positive outlook
- Are patient and adaptable
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Are friendly and approachable
- Are passionate about teaching
- Are creative and imaginative
- Have good organisational skills and excellent time management
- Are reflective and strive to improve their own practice
How do I apply?
For more information about the range of courses offered, the entry requirements and how to apply, click here to visit the Forest Independent Primary Collegiate (FIPC) website.