AT HAZELWOOD SCHOOLS, WE BELIEVE IN NURTURING HAPPY AND CONFIDENT CHILDREN WHO COME TO SCHOOL EVERY DAY EXCITED TO LEARN, PLAY AND EXPLORE!
We recognise the vital part that the Early Years plays in inspiring awe and wonder of the world, developing friendships, resilience and appreciation of others as well as igniting a love of learning.
We know how important both the Nursery and Reception years are in providing the foundations that enable children to achieve and become successful in life. We welcome children and families into our Hazelwood community with a priority placed upon building relationships that are centred around our children and our core values. We strive to develop and care for our youngest children by responding to their individual needs and interests to ensure all children make progress and thrive.
- To build upon the varying experiences children have had at home, nursery or playgroup
- To lay firm foundations for the next stage of learning for each unique child; responding to their individual needs
- To nurture positive relationships that enable children to feel secure and become confident and independent
- To encourage children to take risks and challenge themselves in their learning
- To provide stimulating and enabling learning environments that have open ended opportunities and allow children to follow their own interests through play
- To foster strong and supportive partnerships with parents