Reading Information Session (for Year 2, 3 and 4 parents)
This event will take place between 9:00am and 10:00am on 29/11/2023
Both reading meetings will be the same, but tailored slightly for the different ages.
- Sharing information about how we teach reading at Hazelwood schools for children in Years 2-6.
- Sharing the structure of whole class reading sessions and the key reading skills that we focus on within these lessons.
- The role of Star Reader assessments and how we use this information to best support your child’s reading progress.
- How we allocate the reading books that children bring home to read.
- Sharing information about how you can best support your child at home with their reading.
- Promoting reading for pleasure in school and how we celebrate children’s reading progress.
- Supporting all children with their reading with targeted reading interventions.