Next Meeting: Coffeee Morning on Thursday 8th October at 9am in the Staff Room
HPSA (Hazelwood Parent Staff Association) is exactly that, an association of parents, carers, family members and staff who organise fundraising and social events for the School with all proceeds and profits going to the School.
Sign up to our monthly e-newsletters by emailing us at email@example.com
Every parent, carer and member of staff is automatically a member of HPSA and is entitled to attend our termly meetings, both to put forward issues for discussion and vote on other proposals presented. Anyone can stand for election as an officer of HPSA at our annual AGM. Alternatively you can get involved in other capacities either as a volunteer or organiser of a HPSA event.
HPSA is responsible for arranging many of the annual events on the School calendar, such as the Christmas Fair and Summer Fete. These, along with many other events and occasions, are organised by parent volunteers.
How to get involved
There are lots of ways you can help and support the School through HPSA:
- At An Event – Could you man a stall for an hour? Help set up or clear up?
- Behind The Scenes – Could you bake a cake for our cake stall? Donate a prize or voucher for a raffle?
- Matched Giving – Could you find out from your employer if they participate in the Charities Aid Foundation’s Matched Giving Scheme and double the amount of money we raise at our events? Click here to find out more www.cafonline.org/giving-as-a-company/engaging-employees/matched-giving.aspx
- easyfunding.org.uk – You could even raise money for HPSA from the comfort of your own armchair simply by shopping online through easyfunding.org.uk (at no extra cost to you)! Click here to find out how www.easyfunding.org.uk
- 2 people who enjoy cooking to help support our chefs at the pop up restaurant (Saturday 29th Nov 3- 10pm includes a free dinner!)
- 7 waiters or waitresses for the pop up restaurant (Saturday 29th 6:30-11pm includes a free dinner!)
- Help to organise our Christmas card project (approx. 3 hours’ work from home)
- If you just don’t have the time to volunteer, you can still make an invaluable contribution simply by attending our fundraisers. Remember, each raffle ticket you buy, cup of tea you purchase or entrance fee you pay for at one of our events, goes directly to the School.
In its time HPSA has raised many tens of thousands of pounds for the School. This money has been spent on equipment and resources to enhance our children’s educational experience and the School’s facilities, which could not have otherwise been provided from the School’s budget. Funds have provided…
Get involved . . . as recent studies have shown, volunteering can help you live longer and that’s a fact! Helping out can be rewarding and fun, both for you and your children. We all enjoy being involved and have even been known to have fun, especially at events like our annual Quiz Night and Comedy Evening! The biggest reward of all is seeing how HPSA’s efforts directly benefit the children at the School and help the School to progress and evolve.
If you would like to find out how you can “DO GOOD FOR HAZELWOOD!”, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hazelwood Parents Staff Association (HPSA) is the registered charity (296649) of Hazelwood Schools whose aim is to organise fundraising events and initiatives to provide additional finance for the educational and social development of the children who attend the Schools.