- Pizza pots decorated, filled and planted started.
- Peppers and tomatoes growing on in the greenhouse.
- Milk bottles filled and planted.
The first harvest of the year delivered to Mary in the kitchen.
- The gardens are looking stunning with the tulips in flower.
- The broad beans are growing really well
- Within the wildlife garden we have designed and built a new sensory / tree stump area.
- Year 1 & 3 helped with the layout and planting.
- Year 3 are experimenting with plants for their science topic. They planted bedding plants outside with/without leaves and with/without sunlight. They will monitor each plant to see how they grow.
- On a pre-easter Sunday a really good number of families came for our spring big dig. Again the support from many hands still made it an enjoyable and productive morning despite the rain.
- Raised beds were built, plants potted and a scarecrow made.
- Year 1 have had a very busy term learning about plants experimenting with different growing conditions for broadbeans, chitting and planting potatoes, and sowing nasturtiums and sunflower seeds.
- The sweet peas that were sowed in November are ready to pot on.
- As a celebratory end to the Spring 1 learning journey World War 2, the Year 6 had a VE day celebration part of which they participated in a dig for victory event. Making newspaper pots, planting onions and Broad beans. Learning what grows in the garden, making signs for the crops.